Collection and use of data and personal information
You may be asked to provide your personal information when you are in contact with Scenarex or when using a web site owned by Scenarex. Scenarex may use them in accordance with its Data and personal information protection policy.
How we use your data and personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Scenarex’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information to verify identity, facilitate user identification and determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Scenarex, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Scenarex’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of your data and personal information when they are not collected from you.
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Scenarex products, sent gift certificates and products, or invited you to participate in Scenarex services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating a Bookchain® ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Scenarex may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Scenarex website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Protection of Personal Information
Scenarex Inc takes the security of your personal information very seriously and the personal data protection policy is accessible to everyone.
The existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Scenarex does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
To provide location-based services on Scenarex products, Scenarex and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of the device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowdsourced Wi-Fi hotspots and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Scenarex and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
ThirdParty Sites and Services
Scenarex websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your data and personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Scenarex employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of data and information by Scenarex Inc, please contact the person responsible for personal information of Scenarex Inc, as specified in the Scenarex Inc data and personal information protection policy.